Coping with Pet Loss
Loosing a pet is not an easy thing, but it can be therapeutic to honor them by spreading a little joy---just as your pet did for you. Consider doing these simple things to channel your grief.
- Donate food bags of your pets uneaten food and treats to your local animal shelter. Shelters always need food, so by donating your leftovers, you will help a needy animal and prevent waste.
- Give to a charity. Give money, volunteer to walk dogs, foster animals or spread the word on social media about rescue efforts. Most charities related to animal rescues will take donations in your pets honor.
- Adopt. After some time passes, it may provide comfort to bring home another pet. Because pets instinctively respond to your needs, they wont be turned off by how introverted you are during this difficult time. Instead, they will gravitate closer to you as they offer unconditional love.
Mold Safety Tips
Title: Wayne County Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Category: Mold Damage
Photo Caption: Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Wayne County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Wayne County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (919)751-5353
Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Title: SERVPRO of Wayne County Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Category: Fire Damage
Photo Caption: Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Wayne County Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Wayne County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (919)751-5353
Faster to Water Damage
Title: Faster to your Wayne County Water Damage Event
Category: Water Damage
Photo Caption: SERVPRO of Wayne County provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Wayne County area.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Wayne County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Wayne County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (919)751-5353
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Wayne County
SERVPRO of Wayne County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Sleeping on Hot Summer Nights without AC
Point box fans outward to push hot air out.
How did our grandparents ever live without AC? Everybody has been there before---uncomfortable in bed, tossing and turning and sweating. Its an awful feeling. Not many things are worse than trying to sleep in a hot sticky room.
So, here are a few ways to cool down a room with out AC. Use lightweight and light-colored cotton linens. They are thin, breathable and good for ventilation and airflow.
Point box fans out the windows so they push the hot air out, and run ceiling fan blades counter-clockwise to pull the hot air up and out of the room.
Also, you can create a cross-breeze by positioning fans across from a window, so the wind from outside and the fan combine in a cooling cross-breeze