Water Damage? Here is a list of Dos and Don'ts
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting the saturated area.
- Wipe furniture to remove excess water.
- Place aluminum foil between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying.
- Lift drapes off flooring, loop through a coat hanger and hang on curtain rod.
- Remove wet area rugs.
- Turn on air conditioner if damage occurs in summer.
- Move valuable paintings, art objects, and photos to a safe, dry place.
- Open closet doors, furniture drawers, and luggage to aid in drying.
- Remove any wet fabrics and dry immediately.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Stay out of any rooms where the ceiling is sagging from trapped water.
- Use your household vacuum to remove the excess water.
- Use electrical appliances while standing on wet flooring or carpets.
- Wait to call for professional help. The longer you wait, the more damage will occur.
If you suffer a water loss remember, our technicians are on call 24/7, 365 for you!